Business & Marketing Research Associate (Full or part-time)
We help clients to grow their businesses. We give them advice on how to increase their revenues and improve their operational efficiency. Very often we continue to advise them on implementing their growth plans. The advice we provide is only as good as the up-front research and analysis that we carry out.
- In this role you will make a significant contribution to our research activity, gaining insights into the client company, its suppliers, customers and competitors as well as the general strategic economic, market and business climate in which they are all operating.
- You will make extensive use of the internet to find appropriate information and will also need to interview industry participants to obtain crucial data. You will also need to be able to present and discuss your research and suggest new or different areas to explore.
- As our company is small, you will also participate in office and administrative activities, contributing to our web presence, and getting fully involved in whatever is needed at the time.
- Experience in marketing or business development research is ideal but is not essential; however, you must have a strong business sense. Often backgrounds such as economics or history provide the research skills we are looking for. Many of our clients are highly technical, and so some level of comfort with technology and science will be an advantage.
- This is not ‘just a job’, and so you should be able to demonstrate that you see this as part of your professional development and that it is an opportunity to learn and develop your passion. We are committed to your personal development and will help you learn and become proficient. We guarantee that you will learn more about business in the first year than the average MBA student.
To meet your Challenge, you will probably have:
- An excellent knowledge of internet search techniques and methods and an ability to find and make best use of publicly available information.
- Ability to quickly assess the value and extract the key elements from articles, reports and studies etc.
- Comfort using whiteboards to discuss ideas, and proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word etc
- Highly articulate written and spoken communication; you will be able to express yourself eloquently and succinctly.
- A very organized mind – equally comfortable with detail and the big picture.
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines, and yet stay productive when the pressure is off.
- Understanding of how to prioritize and have the initiative to respond to urgent tasks with little or no direction.
- Experience or understanding of business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Willingness, ability and confidence to talk to people with a range of expertise and to simplify complex explanations yet capture the critical aspects.
- A keenness to understand the business of our company and our clients.
- It would be great if you also had ability in French (not essential).
If, after reading the above, you feel inspired and you fully believe that you can make a significant contribution to our future success, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply by e-mail to: [email protected] (No telephone calls please)
E-mail Subject heading should be: MarRes - Your Name
As part of your application, please attach:
1. A cover letter. Yes, we will absolutely read it. Your letter should briefly address: ‘Why you may be an ideal Candidate, ie you know you can meet ‘Your Challenge’.
2. A full chronological resume (no functional resumes please).
We will confirm receipt of all applications; further than that, we will only contact those people that we select for interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Kingsford Consulting Ltd.